Nanomaterial Synthesis Technician - Captis Diagnostics
THE OPPORTUNITY: Nanomaterial Synthesis Technician
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
Captis Diagnostics, is a molecular diagnostics company focused on early detection of cancers, cancer treatment selection, cancer recurrence detection, and cancer therapeutic monitoring through liquid biopsy. In particular, we are developing non-invasive cancer diagnostic tools for better cancer patient management with the biomarkers, such as extracellular vesicles (EVs)/exosomes.
Under the supervision of a Project Lead, primary responsibilities of this full-time position include conducting experiments for research and development (R&D) projects which involves, but is not limited to: performing experiments, collecting and accurately recording procedures and results, maintaining databases used in the lab, ordering necessary reagents to conduct experiments, and participating in joint upkeep of the lab.
Captis Diagnostics is seeking an nanomaterials synthesis technician to support our nanotechnology development. This role is integral to enabling multiple elements of our proprietary technology. This role requires general skills in nanomaterials synthesis with an emphasis on polymeric and inorganic nanoparticle technology and surface functionalization. The candidate is expected to have a background in materials science and nanomaterials chemistry.
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Synthesis of nanoparticles and polymeric nanomaterials
- Assist in conducting the design, development, and implementation new synthetic methodologies
- Organize, evaluate, and communicate data in an effective and scientific manner
Candidates need to bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- Minimal Associate degree in materials sciences, or chemistry.
- Experience with polymeric magnetic nanoparticle synthesis is preferred
- Additional experience in biological sciences is a plus
- A background in solid phase synthesis methodologies is a plus
- Need to work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
We invite you to send a short cover letter describing why you are interested in this job. Please make sure to include your desired salary/range in the cover letter. Send your cover letter and a resume to Dr. Simon He at firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Nanomaterial Synthesis Technician” in the subject line.
- This position will remain open until filled.
- Local applicants or those who can report to work on a punctual basis in Pittsburgh, PA during normal work hours and as needed to meet business requirements are encouraged to apply; there is no relocation allowance.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. Captis Diagnostics reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.