Robotics Software Engineer - Phlux
Robotics Software Engineer
Who We Are
Phlux is making robotics and automation safer and more efficient with a new class of programmable 3D sensors. Based on research we spun out of Carnegie Mellon University, these novel 3D sensors provide robust and flexible sensing that enables customers to capture what they want, when they want. Our products help robots navigate, protect workers from dangerous machinery, and alert vehicles of obstacles. Real-world autonomy is hard. Our sensors make it easier.
Who You Are
You're an experienced software engineer with a demonstrated passion for robots and sensors. You’re looking for a challenge in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment where your work will have a large day-to-day impact. You pride yourself on code integrity, ensuring testability, maintainability, and scalability. You constantly evaluate your work and identify opportunities to improve the product you’re delivering. You’re comfortable wearing many different hats and work with a team mentality to push projects over the finish line. You enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders to collaborate and troubleshoot the technology.
As a Robotics Software Engineer at Phlux, you will work closely with the CEO, engineering team, and customers to design, implement, and test the internal development and application software for our programmable 3D sensors. Your versatile programming skills will be used to develop simulators, calibration tools, demo applications, and application-specific software for a variety of use-cases. This role will involve technical interactions with customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Ground-up application development for specific robotics use-cases
- Develop versatile simulation framework for new 3D sensor architectures
- Develop automated calibration software using OpenCV methods
- Develop demo applications and proof of concept user interfaces
- Interface with third-party robot platforms such as robot arms, mobile robots, and other sensing hardware.
- B.S. in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in robotics software development
- Deep knowledge of geometric computer vision techniques (e.g., multi-view geometry, stereo camera calibration, camera/LIDAR calibration, etc)
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with Linux development and target environments
- M.S. / Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with Matlab, Python, OpenCV, ROS, Unreal Engine
- Experience with sensors and robotic hardware platforms
- Experience writing device drivers and other latency-sensitive software components
Please apply on line or forward qualified resumes to: email@example.com
Phlux provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.