Vice President of Finance - Carmell Therapeutics
Vice President, Finance
Job Summary: This is a hands-on leadership role, responsible for overseeing the planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of financial services and departments, supporting, and promoting profitable goals and objectives for the Company. The successful candidate will be a strategic individual with 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing public company environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all financial regulatory reporting, including “Qs” & “Ks” and leadership on all SEC registrations.
- Responsible for the capital table, stock registry and stock options management.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, cash management, budgeting, revenue forecasting, supporting BD financial analysis, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Analyzing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Developing and maintaining all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and appropriate for a publicly listed company. Oversee contract bookkeeper.
- Assisting senior management in financial planning and results management. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers and define appropriate reports for tracking.
- Coordinating, preparing, and reviewing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinating and/or preparing tax schedules, returns and information.
- Managing relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Managing all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Managing cash flow.
- Building an accounting department as the company grows
- Determine organizational design, talent requirements, and provide coaching/mentoring for team members with HR partnership.
- Establish and implement functional goals & objectives and manage performance accordingly.
- Support role for investor relations.
- Other duties, as assigned by area management.
Education and Experience:
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Experience working in a growing public company environment strongly preferred.
- Recent experience scaling a finance operation from inception to generating annual revenues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA and/or CMA preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience with activity-based project costing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience preferred.
- Proven experience in building and developing teams, and business partnering [required]
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills [required]
- Experience and familiarity with startup companies preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices and requirements in a public company with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership.
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of finance and administration.
- Excellent organization, communication, and analytical skills
- Hands-on and highly motivated
- Leadership, supervisory, partnering and teamwork
- Decision making and forward-thinking
Please forward qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carmell Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.