React Native Developer - Zoobean
The Big Picture
Can you bring your creative and visionary skills to help us build a ridiculously useful product? You will have the autonomy, access and support to do meaningful work that has huge impact on our current client population of over three million readers. Contagious enthusiasm for Zoobean's mission and the passion to learn is essential in this role.
You will join a scrappy, dynamic, and fun crew of twenty-five full-time teammates, including ten full-time product team members. The best part is that you get a unique opportunity to use your strengths and skills to challenge others to read more. After all, reading is to the mind as exercise is to the body.
Zoobean’s flagship products help people achieve reading goals by tracking reading and participating in reading challenges. We serve over 7,000 public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Over three million readers currently use our platform, Beanstack, to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
Our Shark Tank appearance brought us Mark Cuban as an investor. We have since picked up Kapor Capital, Militello Capital, AlphaLab Gear, RevUp Capital, and the AT&T Aspire Accelerator as believers and backers to our wonderful cause. Our customers range from big to small and include Los Angeles Public Library, Hawaii Department of Education, and the Department of Defense.
- Collaborate with product team to develop and maintain mobile applications.
- Field questions from other product team members or client success team.
- Discuss technical issues with peers and non-technical team members.
- Manage individual project priorities and deadlines.
- Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years mobile app development experience.
- Developing and maintaining new and existing code for mobile applications following best practices using the React Native framework
- Analytical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and clients.
- Experience with App Provisioning and Release Processes.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
A Big Plus
- Experience working in a startup environment - able to juggle multiple projects and switch tasks throughout the day.
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and/or AngularJS.
- Experience with Unit/Integration Tests.
- Understanding of engineering and design best practices, such as: design patterns, testable code, mobile performance, responsive design, and accessibility.
- Experience designing, building, and/or maintaining RESTful APIs.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary will range from $70,000 to $100,000 commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance available.
- Opportunity to work from home at least two days a week. (We are working remotely full time through at least the end of 2020.)
- At least 15 vacation days annually + a one-week winter break from Xmas Eve to New Year's Day.
- Participation in company's quarterly bonus plan for employees.
- Tuesday and Friday lunch on your company credit card.
- $1,200 annual professional development stipend.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity breeds innovation. We're building a product that helps librarians, educators, and families everywhere, and to do that well, we need a workforce that’s representative of the population we serve. We are actively looking to add members to our team who will bring diverse backgrounds, new perspectives, and a willingness to challenge us to improve the work we do every day.
From the Heart
At Zoobean, we live out three core values that are represented in our logo:
- Love: We are passionate about the work we do and give everything we can to our customers, investors, and each other.
- Inclusion: Our company grew out of a calling to help children and families see themselves in the books they read. That same commitment to diversity runs through all we do and gives each of us an opportunity to express our full selves while feeling a sense of belonging to a larger community.
- Awesomeness: This one speaks for itself.
If this hits you in the heart and mind, then come work with us.
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com.