Front End Engineer - BlastPoint
Software Engineer, Front-End Development
Pittsburgh, PA Headquarters Office
As a front-end engineer at BlastPoint, you will contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of our software-as-a-service platform, with an emphasis on front-end design and development. You’ll build powerful, intuitive, and aesthetically pleasing interfaces that help customers understand their large datasets, working closely with senior leadership and engineering team colleagues to translate product vision and business needs into clean and scalable code. We are a fast-growing startup, so you will have a lot of responsibility, but also autonomy and flexibility in how you choose to accomplish your goals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Designing and developing the user-facing features of our customer intelligence platform
- Building a modular front-end architecture consisting of reusable, maintainable components
- Optimizing components for maximum performance when working with large datasets
- Applying sound UI/UX principles to increase customer satisfaction and engagement with the platform
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, with a focus on user-facing design and development
- Advanced proficiency with the following technologies:
- RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills among technical teams and business stakeholders
- A history of writing clean, unit-tested code
- Active participation in code reviews
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to commute to the Pittsburgh, PA office periodically (once current pandemic constraints are lifted)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Mapbox GL
- Jest or similar front-end testing suite
- A working knowledge of data-centric server-side Python development
- Comfort with UNIX command-line environments
- Curious and eager problem solver, able to self-teach new skills when needed, with a hunger for building well-designed, high-quality solutions
- Recognition that there are always multiple solutions to a problem and the ability to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward
BlastPoint is a fast-growing B2B data startup located in the East Liberty neighborhood of Pittsburgh. We give companies the power to solve business problems through discovering the humans in their data and understanding how they think. Serving diverse industries including energy, retail and transportation, BlastPoint’s software platform helps companies plan solutions to customer-facing challenges, from encouraging green behavior to managing customers’ financial stress. Founded in 2016 by Carnegie Mellon alumni, we are a tight-knit, forward-thinking team.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- Solve Challenging Problems: BlastPoint’s platform incorporates cutting-edge approaches to geospatial data, psychographic clustering, robust data pipelines and a dynamic visualization environment, all at scale. We are constantly trying out new and better ways to approach every step of our process.
- Make A Difference: Small but mighty, BlastPoint’s 300% year-over-year growth is due to big companies increasingly putting their trust in us to analyze sensitive data in a way that allows them to make key decisions. What we do positively affects the lives of millions of Americans.
- Support Positive Change in the World: Our solutions reduce paper consumption, help struggling families pay their bills, and promote clean energy. We also offer our platform to nonprofits and community organizations for free, so that they can more efficiently drive their missions forward.
- Employee-Focused Culture: We support the individual needs of our team, from schedule and time-off flexibility to generous compensation benefits. And we tailor growth opportunities by encouraging our team to enhance their skills through training, networking events and industry conferences.
Please forward your resume to: email@example.com