Front End Developer - Conservation Labs
Conservation Labs invented a way to make a simple microphone classify and quantify any sound with machine learning. We are a team of data scientists and engineers who are passionate about solving complex problems, helping people, and improving the world for future generations.
Our first product, H2know, is solving for the $70 billion economic impact of 2+ trillion gallons of unwanted water use in the US built environment each year. Our mission is to enable cost effective and sustainable water use. Our goal is to help property owners save money by saving water and provide peace of mind from damaging leaks. Because our solution uses machine learning to develop insights from a low cost sensor, the product is a factor less expensive than similar solutions.
We’re looking for a Front-End Developer to join our team. You will work closely with team members in Engineering, Data Science, Product Management, and Marketing to craft stunning web applications that will delight our customers. Because the tools and techniques used to create web applications change constantly, you must possess the passion and discipline to remain up-to-date in this rapidly changing field. Your knowledge of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment (with some back-end knowledge) will be critical to delivering an outstanding user experience for our customers.
Startups are not for the faint of heart; we are tirelessly persistent. We believe we can make a positive difference in people’s lives, our customer’s profitability, and the environment. We are looking for someone who is like-minded, passionate, and works with disciplined obsession. You need to be self-motivated and anticipate the needs of customers and the market. But always ready to help. We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
- Demonstrated ability to maintain software, including fixing bugs and testing for usability
- Progressive web app development experience with Vue Components on the Quasar Framework (e.g. vue.js/vuex)
- Success implementing mobile-friendly web applications using responsive design
- Experience implementing web application across multiple browsers, specifically Chrome and Safari
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem is helpful
- Familiar working in a collaborative team using source code control (Github) and CI pipelines
- Independent/self-guided, and comfortable working on a fully remote and interdisciplinary team; flexibility with hours is important as most team members are on Eastern Time or Central Time
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize data for the best possible outcome
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Proven success collaborating with product management, marketing, and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Experience creating overall concepts for the user experience within a web application, ensuring all interactions are intuitive and easy for customers
Nice to haves
- Experience with AWS serverless infrastructure including API Gateway, Lambda and S3
- PostgreSQL database/general SQL knowledge
- Experience with integrating 3rd party APIs
- Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technology
Measures of Success
How will you know if you’re successful?
- Our customers will be delighted with their user experience with the web application that you designed and delivered.
- Adoption and usage of our applications will be high, our customers will be happy, and they will tell their friends.
Please submit qualified resumes to: email@example.com://firstname.lastname@example.org