Data Engineer - IDELIC
Idelic uses cutting-edge technology and beautifully designed interfaces to help predict and prevent trucking accidents and reduce driver turnover to ensure drivers get home safely each and every night. Our SaaS solutions are radically transforming the way in which the transportation industry manages safety through advanced Machine Learning (ML) and our driver management platform.
We believe that people do their best work while part of a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, professional development, and teamwork. Together, we can fulfill our mission to make our roads and highways safer for everyone.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
We are a venture-backed start-up company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our clients. At Idelic, we’re committed to our mission, our customers, our teammates, and fostering a “work hard, play hard” culture.
Considering joining our team? You will be a part of an engaging, energetic, and entrepreneurial work environment headquartered in the heart of the technology boom within Pittsburgh, PA. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, innovative, and adaptable individuals with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Deploying a reliable and scalable machine learning project requires a lot of software engineering and devops work. Mathematical algorithms are typically a small portion of the overall deployment. The data engineer will assist data scientists and machine learning engineers with both coding and devops in order to build and deploy machine learning models.
You are not expected to have machine learning experience but you will be in charge of many of the tasks involved in running machine learning code in production. This will include implementing distributed systems such as microservices and task queues, as well as automating various data ingestion and preprocessing steps.
You should be comfortable with day-to-day operations and DBA tasks like launching EC2 instances, installing packages, writing shell scripts, and running SQL migrations.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and implement microservices to run machine learning models
- Help implement the next version of a distributed task queue for data processing
- Support data access layers and data ingestion for PostgreSQL databases
- Assist with devops and automation prior to full production releases
- Work on any task and help solve problems when needed — be humble and scrappy!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
- 3+ years of experience building backend architecture for distributed systems
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in computer science, or a related field
- Experience with Python, SQL
- Comfortable with Linux, BASH, git
- Experience working within AWS and AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, VPC, etc.)
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Experience deploying machine learning models in production
- Familiarity with training machine learning models
- Experience with containerization and Kubernetes
- Experience with TensorFlow Serving
THINGS THAT MAKE IDELIC A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- Competitive Compensation Package Including Options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Matching Funds
- Regular Company Outings and Events
- Kickstarter Company Breakfast every Monday / Company Lunch Every Friday
- A Dynamic and Supportive Environment
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Be Part of a Small Team (to Start)— Which Translates To You Having A Big Personal Impact
Please forward qualified resumes to: https://idelic.com/company/
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and see. The employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee is regularly required to practice manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of your normal daily schedule.
Idelic is an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran’s status, or any characteristic protected by law.