Startable Program Instructional Designer - Innovation Works
Job Description for Startable Program Instructional Designer:
At Innovation Works our mission is to introduce, connect, support, and expand the startup & entrepreneurial ecosystem within Southwestern Pennsylvania, making our region a center for innovative startups and tech investors from around the country.
Employee will act as an Instructional Designer for the 2022 session of Startable (the “Program”).
Employee’s point of contact with IW will IW’s Startable Program Manager
- Act as a point of contact, the instructors of the Program
- Work with the Program team to develop and modify the Startable curriculum
- Create instructional materials and update existing training program to reflect changes
- Assist in the development of program curriculum and instruction in the area of business and specialized topics
- Deliver the training of the Program curriculum modules to the Startable instructors
- Support Program instructors on program curriculum, outcome expectations, and deliverable documentation.
- Be present on video conference on dates and times to administer training between March 1 and June 25th
- Be present on video conference for program delivery on dates and times from June 25th to August 17th
- Create and update surveys to collect participant and instructor feedback and information
- Combine program outcomes, examples, and survey data to inform and revamp the curriculum post-program
This is a fully remote position. Reliable wi-fi and a computer with video conferencing capabilities is needed.
Must be proficient with building and managing curriculum in Google Classroom and should have experience designing project based curriculum for teenage students and with training instructors for educational programming. Must have working knowledge of Zoom and Google Suite applications including Sheets, Slides, and Calendar. Experience with entrepreneurship, product design, and web design curriculum is a plus.
Time requirements are 20 hours per week from March to June and 30 hours per week in July and August for 600 hours total.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and apply through the portal. Please note what experience you have in the areas detailed in the “skills needed” section of this job description.
Innovation Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.