About Optimus Technologies
Optimus Technologies is a fast-growing, clean energy technology company based in Pittsburgh,
PA. Optimus is the manufacturer of the revolutionary Vector System, an EPA-compliant,
biodiesel fuel conversion system for medium and heavy-duty vehicles. This proprietary
technology, currently in use with leading government and commercial fleets, enables vehicles to
operate on 100% biodiesel, resulting in drastic reductions in greenhouse gas emissions while
reducing operating costs. Find out more at optimustec.com, on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Optimus seeks an organized, customer-focused Field Service Technician and System Installer
based in Pittsburgh, PA, or the Southern Tier of New York State. There are significant travel
requirements as the work consists primarily of on-site installations, troubleshooting & repairs.
The individual in this position will be one of the companies’ primary experts on the Vector
System. This requires a comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software
systems and a mastery of the tools and diagnostics utilized for installing and servicing the
The position will require significant collaboration with electrical & mechanical engineers,
manufacturers & suppliers, and Optimus’ customers to implement the Vector technology in fleet
applications. The individual in this role must have a customer-first mindset, often being the first
contact for any installation, diagnostics, maintenance, support, and customer training.
● Become an expert on the Vector system, and the various electronic, software, hardware
& mechanical components.
● Work with all aspects of system installations including, but not limited to:
o Vehicle teardown & reassembly (interior, exterior & engine compartment)
o Installation of fuel tanks, manifolds, fuel & coolant lines, wiring harnesses,
electronic controllers, and display units.
● Read, interpret, & utilize appropriate technical drawings, schematics, electrical diagrams
and manuals to complete system installations, troubleshooting & repairs.
● Perform appropriate system testing upon project completion.
● Evaluate, troubleshoot & repair systems as necessary utilizing the product
documentation & manuals
● Isolate & resolve complex mechanical, electrical, and control system problems.
● Maintain open communications with customers to provide troubleshooting & technical
support via telephone, email or in person.
● Make sure all customers’ needs are satisfied in an effective and reliable manner.
● Lead and execute onsite customer training programs.
● Research technical issues utilizing both internal & external information and resources.
● Assist with various Vector system component assembly & manufacturing.
Qualifications & Experience
● ASE diesel certification or equivalent and/or military service in a relevant area and/or a
technical AS or BS degree; any related apprenticeship and/or certifications a plus.
● 3-5 years of related technical or mechanical field service installation or repair experience
required; experience in an industrial product design & manufacturing company a plus.
● Excellent mechanical and electrical troubleshooting & repair skills; heavy-duty diesel
engine knowledge a plus.
● Ability to comprehend detailed product schematics & documentation and follow complex
● Proficient computer skills, especially with MS Office products, and the ability to learn
additional software applications, as necessary.
● Demonstrated strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability
& willingness to work with other team members to solve problems.
● Proven ability to work independently and under pressure with little or no supervision
● Willingness and flexibility to put in the time necessary to complete projects in a timely
manner according to our customer's schedules.
● Detail-oriented with good organizational skills in prioritizing, scheduling, and time
● Develop strong relationships with customers.
Other Job Requirements
● Frequent physical activity such as bending, climbing, twisting, standing, and lifting of
tools, parts, & materials (up to 70 pounds).
● Exposure to outdoor, office, warehouse, & shop working conditions.
● Ability to work around a variety of particulates, lubricants, & chemicals.
● Valid driver’s license with the acceptable driving record; CDL a plus.
● Approximately 50-75% of domestic travel required.
● Flexible hours of operation.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following items to email@example.com
● A brief cover letter explaining what excites you about joining the Optimus team.
● Your resume.
● At least one piece of the supplemental material, for example, a summary of a hobby or
the project you’ve undertaken, a photo portfolio of something you’ve built, a sample of
something technical you’ve written or general details on anything else that you’ve done
that you’d like us to know about and will make you stand out.
We are a dynamic team and don’t expect every candidate to have all of the necessary skills on
day one. If you’re excited about Optimus and feel you’d be a great fit, we’d encourage you to
apply! If you have questions – don’t hesitate to reach out.
The deadline to apply is June 10th, 2020.
6901 Lynn Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15208 | (v) 412.727.8228 | (f) 888.727.2966 | www.optimustec.com
Please send qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optimus Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.