Junior Computer Vision Developer - Part-time - SwifTAG Systems
JOB POSTING: Part-Time or Contractor - Junior Computer Vision Developer
SwifTag Systems is a startup company in the Pittsburgh, PA area that is developing software and hardware tools to accelerate medical research. We are looking for a full-time or part-time scientific programmer who will provide innovative solutions for animal tracking and automated behavior identification. We anticipate that a successful candidate will make major contributions to the direction of the SwifTag product line. The company has accelerated customer acquisition, tripling sales over the last quarter as well as bringing in non-dilutive NIH SBIR funding. You will enjoy flexible hours and independence in this role. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. – we cannot sponsor work visas or provide relocation. $40 to $150 per hour +/- equity depending on experience. Remote work possible.
Responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Identify and use state of the art tools for machine learning
- Develop rodent tracking machine learning algorithms
- Develop image analysis algorithms and deep learning architectures to solve problems
- Design of retrospective and prospective experiments for testing algorithms
- Management and maintenance of IoT Device Services
- Build complex big data processing pipelines
- Build artificial intelligence (AI) system prototypes
- Write clean and re-usable code, and maintain it in GitHub or other repository
- Collaborate with colleagues
A qualified candidate will exhibit most of the characteristics below:
- Passion and interest in working in a fast-paced startup, small-team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A willingness and ability to innovate and think "outside of the box".
- Proficiency in developing image analysis algorithms and deep learning architectures
- Understanding of computational geometry, statistics and linear algebra
- A willingness to work at least 10 hours/week.
Education and experience required:
- Ideally 2+ years’ proven work experience in computer vision, deep learning and machine learning.
- Demonstrable experience in Python, OpenCV, and familiarity with Matlab.
Bonus points for the following:
- Bachelor’s degree - computer vision, computer science, mathematics, machine learning or equivalent
SwifTAG Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. SwifTAG Systems does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of SwifTAG Systems. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. SwifTAG Systems does not sponsor work visas.