Salesforce Administrator/BA - Innovation Works, Inc.
Hybrid Position (Three Days in the Office (Tuesday thru Thurs) and Monday and Friday Remote
Summary of position
The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Salesforce database, workflows, and adoption. Working closely with business development, program management, communications, and accounting staff, the administrator will identify requirements for new business processes, develop their implementation, and deploy them within the organization. This role is part business analyst, part process engineer, part technical project manager, part Salesforce administrator, part trainer and 100% dedicated to our mission.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment with 30+ users.
- Focus the organization’s use of data for what best serves the mission.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks.
- All aspects of user and license management including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions, public groups
- Gather detailed user requirements, gain buy-in across disparate stakeholder groups, and implement system changes as appropriate.
- Create Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, flow automation, validation rules.
- Manage less complex Salesforce integrations – those not handled by a Salesforce Developer or Consultant/Partner.
- Identify, install and maintain appropriate apps from the AppExchange for event management, mass email, document merge, and more.
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization.
- Monitor user adoption and data quality through reconciliation and use of reports for missing data
- Create and maintain a process library to document workflows and customizations made in Salesforce.
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long term projects.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit, document, validate and verify system requirements from disparate stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts.
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems.
- A documented history of successful project completion.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes.
- Strong Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology.
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and/or ADM211) certified required.
- Certified Salesforce Business Analyst preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality preferred.
- Minimum three to five years of experience as a Salesforce administrator preferred.
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant certification preferred.
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred.