Program Coordinator- AlphaLab Gear / Robotics Factory
Program Coordinator- AlphaLab Gear / Robotics Factory
Overview of Position:
The program coordinator role is visible within the startup community and will be a core team member of the Innovation Works’ Hardware/Robotics Team working directly within AlphaLab Gear and/or the new Robotics Factory accelerator. They will have responsibilities across the group’s activities, with a focus on the accelerator administration and associated recruiting and program operations. They will be an active part of the accelerator application selection process and have the opportunity to work with the companies, partners, and mentors during the programs.
Accelerator Recruiting and Application Process - Support overall team recruiting strategy and efforts, taking the lead on organizing the funnel, managing the online application system, and coordinating the activities associated with recruitment and selection.
- Identify potential companies, maintain the applicant funnel, and manage the online application system.
- Drive recruiting process by marketing programs to the funnel and interested groups while providing information to partners who can help promote prospective applicants. Organize and participate in events to market the programs. Work closely with the Communications team and other accelerator teams to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Lead coordination of the selection process, including setting a timeline for application review, scheduling interviews, and organizing of interview feedback. Participate in the selection process with the rest of the Hardware/Robotics team.
Ongoing Accelerator Program Operations - Work closely with the Program Manager and team to deliver key components of the program to companies, including management of calendar, execution of sessions/events, and online/digital resources for companies
- Manage company onboarding at the beginning of the accelerator program cycle. Collaborate with the core team to define the overall program calendar.
- Create and manage the program calendar. Coordinate execution of program and partner events, pulling in resources as needed to support the implementation of events.
- Organize events as needed
- Manage the online/digital resources available for companies including maintaining and creating the resources in the shared drive folders and other information resources for the companies.
- Ensure continuous process improvement for the rolling program including online surveys, information capture for re-use, and other process changes.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including meeting scheduling, requests for information, meetings,, food ordering, and on-site event support.
- Lead facility operations, including on-site logistics space e.g. restocking of supplies and materials for the prototype shop, service providers, and company requests.
- Assist companies with logistics including inbound and outbound shipments.
- Manage current contact lists including Funnel, Mentors, Alumni, and Partners in Salesforce.
- Maintain and enhance the look of the physical space - (e.g. wall logos, signage, t-shirts, photos, and decorations as needed to support and enhance the brand).
- Customer-service approach to supporting companies
- Build community with the accelerator program. Provide opportunities for current accelerator companies to interact with each other as well as mentors and others within the accelerator community
- Gather company feedback on events and programming, proposing opportunities for program changes
- Maintain relationships with accelerator Alumni companies’ post-program, keeping them connected to events and information of interest.
Internal Collaboration (Marketing, Bus Dev, Admin)
- Build social media presence for the accelerator across multiple digital platforms, promoting the accelerator and other programs and communicating information on program benefits, applications, and deadlines.
- Work with the Platform Manager to ensure current cohort, alumni, mentor, and cross-sector engagement in events, programs, networking, and community spaces including digital communication platforms.
- Support the completion of Administrative (and CRM systems) requirements including state reporting, final client reporting, client surveys, and site visits.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or STEM field required
- Prior experience working for or with startups
- Direct, transparent, collaborative communicator
- Self-starter, high-energy, high-focus, willing to take initiative
- Needs to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to lead projects independently, with minimal supervision
- Customer-service oriented
- The highest level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information are a must.
- Professional or personal familiarity with building hardware or physical products
- Demonstrated ability to build community and partnerships.
- Professional social media experience
- Ability to use productivity tools such as Microsoft Office or Google Apps, Calendly, Slack, and Salesforce. Applicants should be comfortable using social networks to promote AlphaLab Gear, Innovation Works, and its companies and to engage with the startup community.
Innovation Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.