Account Executive - Honeycomb Credit
Account Executive Role
About Honeycomb Credit
Honeycomb is a venture-backed, loan crowdfunding website that unlocks capital for small businesses from an unconventional and innovative source—their fans, friends, and community. By crowdfunding a small business loan from their customers, entrepreneurs create deeper relationships with their community and investors earn a return while supporting local businesses they love. It’s a true win-win!
Honeycomb has worked with more than 200 businesses across 26 states and we are growing our sales organization by hiring a new Account Executive at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, PA! The Account Executive will be responsible for educating business owners on the benefits of running a Honeycomb campaign, helping them complete an application, and working cross-functionally to help businesses prepare to raise money on Honeycomb.
As the Account Executive you will:
- Work day-in and day-out with inspiring Main Street business entrepreneurs!
- Become an expert on our community capital product, so you can educate business owners on the benefits of raising capital from their own neighbors
- Call, text, and email with business owners to support them as they gather the necessary documents to complete an application, and keep them updated as their application is reviewed internally
- Nurture and convert small business owners from multiple sources including inbounds, referrals, and leads sourced through cold outreach initiatives (supported by the sales development team)
- Sell leads on the value of a Honeycomb campaign and the method to maximize campaign success
- Proactively reach out to small business owners, in person, over the phone, and through email to build a network of potential clients in Pittsburgh and beyond
- Build relationships with referral partners to bring more qualified businesses to the platform
- Own the Pittsburgh market with support from lead generation, operations, marketing, and customer success staff
- Close deals and support our customer success team with onboarding small businesses to launch their Honeycomb campaigns
We are looking for candidates who are:
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Persistent without being rude or overbearing
- Detail-oriented with a track record of keeping meticulous records in their CRM
- Unafraid to work the phones to get a hold of business owners
- Comfortable working remotely from the comfort of your own workspace, while maintaining close ties with the Honeycomb marketing, operations, and customer success teams
- Buoyant and able to laugh off a tough call with a prospect or customer
- Team players who want to see their colleagues succeed alongside themselves
- Passionate about serving the small businesses that make our communities shine!
The Account Executive should have 4-6 years of experience in sales or business development working directly with small business clients, and ideally, closing deals. Compensation will include a base salary and commission, commensurate with experience as well as a competitive stock option package in a scaling startup.
- Full-time, salaried position with a competitive commission and ramp-up pay
- Comprehensive health insurance with 90% employer contribution
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive equity package in a high-growth startup
- Fun, unique, and exciting co-workers
- The opportunity to contribute on Day 1 and grow your career in a mission-driven organization
Please forward qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honeycomb Credit is based in Pittsburgh, PA and this role will be hybrid with at least 2 days a week in our East Liberty office.
Honeycomb Credit is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.