Director of Engineering - Rimsys
Director of Engineering
- You want to play a key role in helping a growing, award-winning software company by establishing a world-class Software Engineering function at Rimsys.
- You are a strategic thinker with great ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit who is constantly looking to improve themselves, their team, and their workplace.
- You have a deep knowledge of software development best practices, and understand how to innovate, motivate and cultivate engineering teams within a MedTech company.
Rimsys is a B2B Regulatory Information Management (RIM) software company that digitizes and automates regulatory data for the medical device industry. Rimsys is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA and has an expanding list of large and enterprise medical device customers.
We are now seeking a Director of Engineering to join our team to be pivotal in helping to build and grow the software engineering team while contributing directly towards designing, developing, and maintaining our application enhancement efforts at various layers of our platform.
If you are passionate about creating great software applications and entrepreneurial minded and looking to join a company and a team that makes your day-to-day more enjoyable and successful, come join our team. We work every day to help customers create and implement products regulatory users love. We are currently in search of a Director of Engineering who has a deep understanding of the software development and architecture best practices, with the ability to apply them to the MedTech regulatory space. You should have a high bar for quality, and strive to create a great user experience which will empower customers to fully leverage our innovative platform to digitize and automate their regulatory workflows. This person will be laserfocused on leading the team and leveraging the best of everyone skills in order to build a highquality, scalable, modern software platform, while working closely with the Rimsys leadership team to help define how large and enterprise MedTech companies will manage regulatory requirements utilizing an automated solution within Rimsys.
You will report to the CTO and work to create and deliver value generating software products for the fast-growing medical device industry.
The ability to work through our highly distributed, diverse, and innovative team and ensure a strong balance of quality software deliverables, while managing customer deadlines in a fastpaced environment is essential. The individual will have excellent attention to detail, be creative and an excellent communicator.
As a core member of the Rimsys team, you will be responsible for continuing to innovate and improve the Rimsys platform while helping to drive the learning and development of the software engineering team, ensuring their skills and capabilities grow with the company. We're looking for someone who is not only passionate about software development and the MedTech industry, but also is driven to help build a great company, centered around a unique product designed by regulatory affairs professionals for regulatory affairs professionals. This role will work closely with all departments across Rimsys and senior management, in addition to participating in regular discussions with customers to launch products and features that move the needle.
- Managing multiple software development projects within a diverse, globally distributed team to ensure high quality code delivery within key release milestones
- Building best practices for the team and mentoring them to ensure the team continues to develop and learn new programming techniques and problem-solving skills
- Work with the team while making direct code contributions to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain rich web applications and micro-services.
- Embrace and implement modern technologies and frameworks, focusing on security, reliability, testability, and maintainability.
- Perform code inspections/design reviews and approve Pull Requests for promotion of software deliverables to production.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully completing multiple software development projects, working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, Master’s degree a plus. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education. Relevant fields include Software Engineering, Information Sciences, and Computer Science.
- 10+ years of experience leading software engineering teams, with responsibility for overall team performance in technical leadership role with a proven track record of successful management of time, resources, and quality.
- 5-8 years of experience in creating modern, well-written web applications, specifically with strong development experience in Typescript or Vue.js, Nuxt, Laravel 8, MySQL or
PostgreSQL, Tailwind CSS stack. (Expect to demonstrate coding proficiency.)
- Significant Hands-on Experience implementing cloud infrastructure, Ideally with AWS Lambda serverless architecture (Ideally using Laravel Vapor) and leveraging hardware virtualization and/or container technology.
- Strong understanding of Software security best practices, ideally used to working in a regulated environment (Rimsys is ISO 27001 compliant)
- Comfortable working with globally distributed onshore/offshore teams.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a strong understanding of software development management methods
- Technically fluent and are comfortable dealing with technical information and can translate technical capabilities into user requirements and customer benefits.
- Quick learner, organized, and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize your own work.
- Desire to lead a team, with the willingness to work alongside the group and directly contribute to code development.
- Self-starter; provide significant impact to an organization; you spot opportunities to make things better and take ownership over them.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
Email resume to email@example.com