Embedded Electronics Engineer - Phlux
Embedded Electronics Engineer
Who We Are
Phlux is making robotics and automation safer and more efficient with a new class of programmable 3D sensors. Based on research we spun out of Carnegie Mellon University, these novel 3D sensors provide robust and flexible sensing that enables customers to capture what they want, when they want. Our products help robots navigate, protect workers from dangerous machinery, and alert vehicles of obstacles. Real-world autonomy is hard. Our sensors make it easier.
Who You Are
You live and breathe embedded systems. You're passionate about building advanced hardware for real-world applications. You’re looking for a challenge in a fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment. You pride yourself on code integrity, ensuring testability, maintainability, and scalability. You’re good at prioritizing work and communicate project status regularly and clearly. You’re comfortable wearing many different hats and work with a team mentality to push projects over the finish line.
As an Embedded Electronics Engineer at Phlux, you will work closely with the CEO and engineering team to lead the electronics development of our 3D sensors. You will drive the development and own the full electronics design from the ground up. You will design, prototype, and test the board-level electronics and embedded software that is the core of our sensor products. You will work with the rest of the engineering team to develop a systematic process for sensor alignment, calibration, and quality control.
- Design electronics and embedded software of 3D imaging systems
- Identify and source electronic components
- Develop electronics to drive laser-based illumination system
- Develop electronics to command and read out image sensors
- Develop communications interface between the 3D sensor and host computer
- Work with software engineers to develop low-level C/C++ driver for the host computer
- PCB Design/Layout
- Prototyping/assembly/testing/rework of SMT PCBs
- Create and manage documentation for PCB assembly, embedded code, protocols, and interfaces
- B.S in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in embedded system design
- Strong embedded systems skills
- High-speed PCB design
- Proficient in Altium (or equivalent)
- Proficient in FPGA and/or SoC design
- Strong coding skills in C/C++ and VHDL or Verilog
- M.S. Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related field
- Experience in command/readout of high-resolution image sensors
- Experience with sensors and robotic hardware platforms
- Experience with functional safety requirements of embedded systems
Please apply on line or forward qualified resumes to: email@example.com
Phlux provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.