RE2 Robotics has an exciting opportunity for Software Engineer: Motion Control who has a passion for robotics and optimizing motor control. A dynamic and growing tech company, we’re dedicated to creating a next generation of mobile robotics technologies that help users better interact with their environments. Our world-class team of engineers, designers and technicians create robotic systems that are smaller, lighter, and more powerful than current technology allows in order to improve the safety and quality of life of all humans. With the right skills, you could play a very important role.
In this position, you will take the technical reins in assignments involving control system design, modeling, simulation (e.g., Simulink), implementation, electro-mechanical system improvement, optimization, configuration, tuning, parameter estimation, advanced motor control techniques, development, data collection, and testing. RE2’s manipulation systems are highly dexterous and easy to control, with precise and repeatable motion. Your motor control expertise could help us create amazing technology.
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer) or Computer Science with a minimum of seven (7) years of engineering work experience in electro-mechanical mechanism development and implementation in a hands-on/applied environment
- Experience with motion control system design, modeling, simulation and analysis for electro-mechanical designs using brushless motors and feedback sensors
- Experience in the design of motion control algorithms in C
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency to comply with government contracts
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with RE2's hardware and software teams and lead the control systems design, development, implementation, and testing of our robotic systems
- Work with RE2's CTO regarding advanced motor control techniques to keep RE2's technology leading edge
- Knowledge of brushless, permanent magnet synchronous motor applications
- Detailed understanding of Field Oriented Control algorithms, performance analysis and design trade-offs of motor drives
- Proficiency in frequency and time domain analysis, digital signal processing
- Working knowledge of embedded hardware design and interfacing; microcontrollers; embedded communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, I2C, SPI)
- Working knowledge of mathematical analysis software, i.e MATLAB or MathCAD
- Experience with robotic sensors such as: video cameras, LIDAR, force-torque
- Experience with version control software such as Subversion and Git
- Candidates must possess effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
Benefits and Perks
- RE2 offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including flexible schedules, stock options, 401k plan, training and professional development stipends, paid time off, and medical/dental/vision/life and disability insurance for all regular full-time employees.
- RE2 also offers our monthly Taco Tuesday lunches, free snacks in the lunch room, weekly fresh fruit delivery, holiday and summer parties, birthday bonuses, cell phone stipend, and more!
RESUMES ACCEPTED IN PDF FORMAT ONLY – Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
RE2 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.