INTERNSHIP - Social Media Marketing Intern - Mamalux
We are seeking an exceptionally creative candidate to join Mamalux as our Social Media Marketing Intern as we look to make a big splash with our launch. The successful candidate will be responsible for conceptualizing and creating content that engages our growing audience of new and expecting mothers. You’ll translate our brand ethos and unique product offering into assets that live across numerous digital platforms. This is an opportunity to be a key team member from the very beginning!
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the development of Mamalux’s social, influencer, and marketing campaigns
• Help develop social strategy and orchestrate day-to-day content in the form of (but not limited to) videos and photos to primarily live across our social media channels, but also on our website and other digital properties
• Engage with our community – respond to comments from our followers and watch for opportunities to interact with brands and creators in the maternity/postpartum space
• Conceptualize and create IG Posts, IG Stories, IG Reels, TikToks, IGTV videos, Facebook Lives and behind-the-scenes footage, along with other supporting assets including but not limited to product launches, brand partnerships and influencer marketing
• Stay up-to-date on competitive landscape and market trends while continuing to innovate storytelling and brand identity
What we're looking for:
• Our ideal candidate will come to Mamalux eager to learn and with a demonstrated track record of creating engaging digital content. Other key attributes include:
• A passionate, quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Familiarity with using Instagram and TikTok editing tools
• Curiosity and willingness to research the breastfeeding and maternity industry, to best understand the target audience
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• A start-up mentality – not afraid to test out new ideas, roll up your sleeves and get stuff done!
The ideal candidate will exceed the following requirements:
• Experience with social media marketing and content creation
• Ability to analyze campaign/content performance and use findings to inform strategy
• Bonus points! Familiarity and existing relationships with key players in the millennial and Gen Z content creator industry
Location: Majority of position duties can be completed remotely, with occasional meetings at Ascender (6401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15206)
Schedule: Flexible schedule; 8-10 hours per week for 12-15 weeks, with potential option to renew.
Compensation: $12-$15 per hour
How To Apply:
Current college/university students: Please email portfolio or content examples to email@example.com. Please title your email “Social Media Marketing Intern.”
Mamalux is the first breastfeeding-friendly nightgown specifically developed and designed to address the problem of milk leakage at night while also prioritizing comfort.
The idea for Mamalux was born when Founder and CEO Lindsay Stuart was a new breastfeeding mother. She was leaking breastmilk, as most postpartum women do, and couldn’t find a single solution that didn’t require sleeping in a bra. After learning that countless other women were frustrated as well, Lindsay began the 2.5 year process of creating her own solution.
The brand is launching initially on Kickstarter in fall of 2021, which will be followed in the winter by a larger launch on wearmamalux.com. Mamalux is part of Innovation Works’ Alpha Lab Gear accelerator, as well as the Ascender incubator program.