Startable Program Instructor - Innovation Works
At Innovation Works our mission is to introduce, connect, support, and expand the startup & entrepreneurial ecosystem within Southwestern Pennsylvania, making our region a center for innovative startups and tech investors from around the country.
Consultant will act as a Startable Mentor for the 2021 session of Startable (the “Program”).
Consultant’s point of contact with IW will be Staci Offutt, IW’s Startable Program Associate.
- Act as the main point of contact, for a determined cohort in the Program
- Have instructional and oversight responsibility for ~10 students
- Deliver the Program curriculum as outlined in training session
- Develop program curriculum and instruction in the area of business and/or specialized topics
- Work with other instructors to educate and oversee the cohort and advise other cohorts
- Work with students to help them set goals, deliverables, and complete their projects
- Be present on video conference on dates and times for training between May 31st and June 25th
- Be present on video conference for program delivery on dates and times from June 28th to August 7th
- Be present on video conference for meetings and planning on dates and times from May 31st to August 13th
Consultant hourly requirements will be determined by program needs.
This is a fully remote position. Consultant will need reliable wi-fi and computer with video conferencing capabilities.
Consultant should have experience instructing teenaged students in a group setting. Must have working knowledge of Zoom and Google Suite applications including Classroom, Sheets, Slides, and Calendar. Should have knowledge in one or more of the following areas SketchUp application, Canva application, branding, sales and/or pitching.
Product design and/or business startup experience a plus.
Hourly Rate: $25/hr
Multiple positions available
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and apply through the portal. Please note what experience you have in the areas detailed in the “skills needed” section of this job description.
Innovation Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.