Food Scientist - DisSolves
DisSolves - Food Scientist
DisSolves makes a natural, edible packaging that we use to pack single servings of powdered food products into pods, making them more environmentally friendly and convenient. DisSolves replaces the non-recyclable, foil packets currently used in beverage packaging with our seaweed-based packaging that comes from renewable, sustainably harvested, and vegan ingredients. In fact, DisSolves’ packaging is so gentle on the environment that it is actually healthy for people to eat. With our pods, the end-user simply drops the serving in water, mixes, and enjoys.
We are looking for an innovative food scientist to provide technical expertise, and to assist with the development and review of formulations for our current packaging and to test the compatibility and shelf-life of powdered products in our packaging. The food scientist will collaborate with the product development teams of leading food brands to create new products from conceptualization to commercialization.
To be successful in this role, you should have knowledge of hydrocolloid and other thickening agents that form the basis of the majority of oral thin films, take innovative approaches to resolving compatibility problems for our customers, and understand customer’s goals for their products to translate them into clear specifications. Top candidates will be team players, and be passionate about product development.
Food Scientist Responsibilities:
- Researching manufacturing processes that meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Communicating with relevant parties regarding food quality and safety concern
- Create and update formulations
- Working on new products from conceptualization to launch
- Arranging and shipping sales samples
- Updating product information sheets for sales preparation and updated labels
- Recording, analyzing and summarizing research data
- Coordinating independent laboratory testing
- Updating and maintaining MRP system
- Adhering to GMP and other safety regulations
- Performing other duties assigned by supervisor
Food Scientist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural science, biology, chemistry or a related field
- Ability to use internal and external sources to make technical scientific advances
- Proven ability of working in a laboratory
- Knowledge and understanding of data science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in learning more about the positions please contact: