Design Engineer - Cell X Technologies
Cell X Technologies is an early-stage robotics and AI company at the forefront of industrializing the process development and manufacturing of cell therapies. Our cutting-edge solutions aim to revolutionize the field, enabling the efficient and scalable production of life-saving therapies. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Design Engineer to join our dynamic team.
- Coordinate with outside design firms on the end-to-end design and development of automation solutions for cell therapy manufacturing, ensuring alignment with scalability, efficiency, and compliance goals.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including process engineers, software developers, and scientists, to define and refine design requirements.
- Utilize advanced 3D CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks) to create comprehensive models, prototypes, and engineering drawings for robotic systems and automated processes.
- Conduct thorough feasibility studies and risk assessments for proposed designs, providing technical insights and recommendations.
- Manage the complete design lifecycle, from initial concept through prototyping, testing, and final implementation.
- Work closely with manufacturing teams to facilitate the seamless integration of designed systems into the production process.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continuously enhance design processes.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field.
- 4 or more years of hands-on experience in designing automation solutions, preferably in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Proficiency in advanced 3D CAD software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) for creating detailed models and engineering drawings.
- Strong understanding of robotics, mechatronics, and automation principles.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to analyze complex technical challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work seamlessly in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing project requirements.
- Previous experience in designing systems for cell culture, bioprocessing, or related fields is highly desirable.
- Experience with fluidic systems, optical systems and electromechanical integration
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and quality standards governing the design and manufacturing of medical devices or pharmaceutical equipment.
This position is hybrid with the expectation that the successful candidate would meet face to face 2-3 days per week and work remotely the remaining days. The position is located in Pittsburgh. Our work culture is both collaborative and flexible with a focus on the work, supporting both our teammates and growing customers.
Please forward your resume to: [email protected]
Cell X Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”