Sales/Associate Intern - PittMoss
INTERNSHIP – Sales Associate Intern
PittMoss is seeking an ambitious candidate to join our Team as a Sales Associate Intern. The successful candidate should have these specific capabilities for this position:
- Professional, reliable, flexible, and entrepreneurial
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Understands the art of listening to and solving customers’ problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Consistently follow The PittMoss’ PEET Culture:
- Look for things that go right! Compliment them!
- How we react to bad news/events (lemonade from lemons)
- Nobody likes to be around a negative person
- Fake it until you make it (put on a happy face)
- Make the decision and GO
- Ask forgiveness, not permission
- Err on the side of action, not inaction
- Accomplish the GOAL, not the TASK
- Be a creative problem solver
- Perfect is the enemy of the good (balance speed/quality)
- Policy is less important than doing the right thing
- Help develop our structure if there isn’t one
- Wear many hats
- Put your teammates before you!
- Always offer to help
- Focus on the Team goal, not individual goal
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment, communicates effectively, and enjoys customer management through the entire sales cycle.
- Work on-site 50-70% of the time
- Be eager to wear many hats and learn multiple facets of PittMoss’ operations
Sales Associate responsibilities will include:
- General understanding of sales process (formal sales training preferred).
- Ability to process leads and provide customer service support.
- Learn how to use CRM and email campaign tools such as Hubspot and Klavio.
- Data entry to support sales and marketing efforts.
- Learn the perfect “pitch” for cold calling, lead generation and follow ups.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, particularly Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Provide sales/tradeshow/event support and travel regionally as needed.
This is a great opportunity for students who want to get in on the ground floor of a growing company! You will have the chance to learn tools and systems in our sales department. It will be a very hands-on job with room to grow as the company does. Your time with us will have a real and valuable impact on our business!
Location: Most position duties will be completed at 2603 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 with sales travel and meetings remotely.
Schedule: Flexible schedule; 10-20 hours per week for 12-16 weeks, with potential option to renew.
Compensation: $10-$12 per hour
How To Apply:
Current college/university students: Please email resume and other supporting content to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email “Sales Associate Intern.”
PittMoss makes a new, sustainable growing media made from 100%, organic and recycled paper products. Did you happen to see us on Shark Tank? PittMoss' proprietary process engineers’ paper into a lightweight, highly porous media. This unique combination of physical, chemical, and biological properties allows our products to provide better air porosity, water holding capacity, and natural biological activity than peat or coir-based media's. PittMoss offers a range of complete potting mixes, amendments, and commercial blends. Our products also have application in several other industries including hydroseeding, erosion control, composting (accelerant), worm casting, and therapeutic equine bedding. Learn more at www.PittMoss.com
2603 Duss Avenue, Ambridge, PA 15003 www.pittmoss.com