Head of Product Hardware - PopCom
We are a team that is highly passionate and enthusiastic about creating truly innovative ideas and developments that can help the business stand out against competitors in the greater industry. We are a small team where hard work, creative thinking, and tenacity are worth a whole lot. Everything you do will make a difference. You will directly contribute to the creation and growth of the business culture, offering ideas and practices that can help shape the working philosophy of the company.
At PopCom, we believe successful brands are intelligent, mobile, and resilient. We built our technology in their image. Our mission is simple: we equip entrepreneurs and brands with future-ready retail solutions that allow rapid retail expansion, incredible customer experiences, and powerful sales data.
Your Role In Our Mission
A successful candidate will be analytical with strong business judgment, would be highly effective under self-direction, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into easy to use products that people love. You will also help define and drive the vision and roadmap of PopCom’s technologies that go as part of our products, helping PopCom stay on the forefront of technology, design, and user experience trends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This will be a highly collaborative leadership role that will help transform our culture and product experience.
- Establishing the product roadmap based on the company vision and strategy, as well as owning metrics and goals to measure success
- Work with our sales team to add, maintain, and expand the presence of our SaaS product while building teams and portfolios
- Delivering against agreed product roadmap and ensuring alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners and the executive team
- Ensuring the product meets PopCom’s needs while creating scalable global solutions
- Using internal and external data, research and learning opportunities to look around corners for future user needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across disciplines and levels in the organization
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure user experience, product cost, manufacturability, quality, and go-to-market strategies are met.
What Superpowers You'll Use
- An owners mentality: the entrepreneurial drive towards a bias for action
- Outcome-oriented: not reactionary, you'll articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Customer experience intuition and judgment: demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly applications, features, workflows, services, and experiences.
- Collaborative: excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Who You Are
- 5-10+ years of product management experience specifically in hardware (vending is a plus)
- 3-5+ years of experience managing diverse teams
- Manufacturing and supply chain management experience, especially managing end-to-end outsourced manufacturing partners in the US and Asia (including China)
- Supplier and outsourced manufacturing contract review and negotiation experience
- Experience defining QA metrics and performing technical support
- A systems thinker with a lateral mind; low ego, high intellect
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and execute a product vision, strategy, planning, and development
- Passionate about design, creative problem solving and an obsession with delightful user experiences
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment, while building scalable solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
At PopCom everyone works with a great deal of freedom and responsibility. Expectations are high as people are trusted to act independently. We share information openly, think from first principles, and have a candid & trusting culture. We offer you many challenges, an environment where you can achieve phenomenal things, and a front-row seat as we disrupt the vending industry. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.