Account Executive - Optimus
About Optimus Technologies
Optimus Technologies is a clean energy technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Optimus manufactures the Vector System, an advanced fuel system technology that enables diesel engines to operate on 100% biodiesel. The Vector System is designed for medium and heavy-duty fleet applications, where emissions reductions are challenging or impossible to achieve in a cost-effective manner through other means. The Vector System integrates into existing operations to facilitate a seamless transition to low-carbon fuels.
Optimus’ Vector System is in use with leading municipal and private fleets throughout the country, enabling them to achieve near-zero carbon emissions while reducing their fuel and fleet operating costs.
Find out more at optimustec.com, on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Optimus seeks a dynamic, organized, customer focused full-cycle Account Executive to help us to reach our bold growth goals assisting fleets in reducing their carbon emissions and achieving environmental sustainability milestones. This role will be one of the company’s primary ambassadors to new potential clients and to ushering our existing clients into a repeat buyer position.
This is a full-time hybrid position (approximately 35-50 hours per week) to be based in Pittsburgh, PA with some travel requirements (up to 50%). Optimus is a fast-growing technology company; all employees must be self-directed and capable of managing multiple duties within the company. This position will allow for a wide range of growth and new opportunities in a flexible and evolving work environment. You’ll generate opportunities with net-new customers, forecast sales activity, and achieve revenue targets while creating satisfied and reference-able customers.
Optimus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, veterans and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are strongly encouraged to apply; we also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories. If you are unsure about being qualified for this position after reading the responsibilities and requirements, please apply anyway! We are most excited to work with individuals who learn quickly and have a passion for clean energy solutions.
- Become an expert on the Vector System, its benefits and applications, and the larger biodiesel market
- Ability to creatively explain and present complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner
- Develop and execute a strategy to evangelize Optimus to our target customers
- Establish and maintain relationships with fleet managers, biodiesel producers, and OEM managers to facilitate the entirety of the sales cycle
- Launch and test new outbound lead generation channels and determine how best to scale them
- Take ownership over a long lead, educational sales cycle that requires the cultivation of meaningful and long-lasting client relationships
- Set quarterly OKRs with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them; maintain other sales metrics throughout the sales process
- Work with the customer success team to ensure new customers are onboarded effectively and seamlessly
- Deliver presentations and product demos with confidence and clear communication
- Navigate complex enterprise structures to achieve stakeholder alignment
- Communicate effectively to align Optimus team members and internal resources
- Accurately communicate sales activity and forecasts to the senior management team
- Identify and communicate market trends and product feedback
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in sales or business development
- Demonstrated success at leading complex sales processes with multiple stakeholders across organizations
- Proven track record of learning quickly, and ability to immerse oneself in the world of alternative energy and diesel vehicles
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills coupled with attention to detail and documentation
- An ability and desire to take ownership of ones’ workload; must be comfortable and excel in a dynamic work environment in which the requirements are not always well define and priorities can change quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and creativity skills
- Enthusiastic about the opportunity to travel as part of the role. Experience working in a transportation/fuel environment or directly with those customers
- A strong sense of pride in the work done that shows in quality and customer satisfaction
Other Job Requirements
- A passion for alternative energy solutions
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Domestic travel, as required (up to 50%)
- Flexible hours of operation
- Commitment to following COVID health practices, such as the use of PPE equipment, wearing masks appropriately and consistently, and monitoring one’s health for symptoms
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A resume.
- A brief cover letter explaining what excites you about joining the Optimus team.
- Supplemental material on anything else that you’ve done that you’d like us to know about that distinguishes you as a preferred candidate.
Optimus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on
the basis of disability.