KEF Robotics is seeking talented Robotic Software Engineers to join our team.
In our first six months as a company, we finished as the top qualifier in Lockheed Martin’s
AlphaPilot competition, finishing ahead of numerous talented research groups.
KEF’s ambitions stretch beyond drone racing and into the future of fielded robotics, where we
are eyeing a number of developments that could generate a lasting impact on our world.
We’re experienced researchers and entrepreneurs and arrived at drone autonomy after
achieving recognition as the premier spacecraft navigation software development team in the
world (Our tech was going to land us on the Moon and Saturn’s Enceladus!). Our philosophy is
simple: bring in great talent and let them build. We limit distractions and offer you a huge
amount of freedom in how you work. You should expect to have a wide-open calendar for
uninterrupted technical development. If you need equipment or outside connections to solve a
problem, we will get it for you immediately. You’ll be empowered to accomplish more than you
thought was possible.
Our office has a developer’s loft and an indoor flying arena and motion capture lab. We’re
offering substantial equity, and we have great benefits: subsidized healthcare for all employees
and an extremely generous 401k match.
While we tackle huge technical challenges and demand excellence, working hours are very
reasonable and we have a flexible vacation policy. We presume that the best employees seek
robust lives outside the office as well as in it, and support that whole-heartedly.
Finally, we’re committed to diversity and will take the time to train great talent from unusual
backgrounds. We will hire talent and personality over experience and expertise. We need
humble, brilliant people who learn quickly and make exceptional coworkers. This will be the
best job you’ve ever had, and you’ll be joining a new team that knows how to build and is well
ahead of schedule.
Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Skills
Benefits and Perks
Develop state-of-the-art autonomous drones capable of flying rapidly through challenging environments
● Research and implement new approaches within guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) and machine learning (ML)
● Optimize algorithms for real-time computation on embedded platforms
● Field test UAVs in a variety of environments, both indoors and outdoors
● Improve physics-based simulation environments and validate autonomous behavior within the simulation
Strongly Recommended Skills:
● Empathetic and collaborative team player
● Proficiency in C++ and Python
● Experience with robotics state estimation and simultaneous localization and mapping
● Experience programming for embedded environments
● Familiarity with Linux and Linux tools
● Experience in developing computer vision algorithms
● Machine learning and experience programming within a popular ML framework
(TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc)
● Hardware prototyping skills (3D printing, soldering, assembly)
● GPU programming (CUDA / OpenCL)
● Familiarity with nonlinear optimization techniques
● Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System)
● Unreal Engine / Unity experience
● Julia programming experience
● Clear, concise technical writing skills
Salary range: $60k-$75k
Health Care: $200/month subsidy per employee
Equity Available: Employees #5/#6, so significant equity; 1-year cliff, 5-year vest, no strings
401k Match: High (higher than any company we’ve ever heard of)
Please forward resumes to http://email@example.com.Or Linkedin & Facebook; www.kefrobotics.com
KEF Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.