Field Diesel Technician - Optimus
Field Diesel Technician
About Optimus Technologies
Optimus Technologies is a clean energy technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Optimus manufactures the Vector System, an advanced fuel system technology that enables diesel engines to operate on 100% biodiesel. The Vector System is designed for medium and heavy-duty fleet applications, where emissions reductions are challenging or impossible to achieve in a cost-effective manner through other means. The Vector System integrates into existing operations to facilitate a seamless transition to low-carbon fuels.
Optimus’ Vector System is in use with leading municipal and private fleets throughout the country, enabling them to achieve near-zero carbon emissions while reducing their fuel and fleet operating costs.
Optimus seeks a dynamic, organized, customer focused Field Diesel Technician to help us to reach our bold growth goals assisting fleets in reducing their carbon emissions and achieving environmental sustainability goals. This role will be one of the company’s primary customer facing experts on the Vector fuel system technology. This requires a comprehensive understanding of electrical, mechanical, and software systems, a mastery of the tools and diagnostics utilized for installing and servicing the product, and a dedication to representing Optimus with dignity and distinction in customer environments.
This is a full-time salaried position ($70,000-$80,000 annually) to be based in Pittsburgh, PA with significant travel requirements (75%+ of a work year). This position is the front line for performing on site customer work including but not limited to installation, service, and support of the Optimus Vector fuel system.
Optimus is a fast-growing technology company; all employees must be self-directed and capable of managing multiple duties within the company. This position will allow for a wide range of growth and new opportunities in a flexible and evolving work environment.
Optimus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, veterans and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are strongly encouraged to apply; we also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories. If you are unsure about being qualified for this position after reading the responsibilities and requirements, please apply anyway! We are most excited to work with individuals who learn quickly and have a passion for clean energy solutions.
- Become an expert on the Vector system, and the various electronic, software, hardware, and mechanical components therein
- Work with all aspects of system installations, including but not limited to: vehicle teardown and reassembly (interior, exterior, and engine compartment), installation of fuel tanks, manifolds, fuel and coolant lines, wiring harnesses, electronic controllers, and display units
- Read, interpret, and utilize appropriate technical drawing, schematics, electrical diagrams and manuals to complete system installations, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Perform appropriate system testing upon project completion
- Confidence in communication and ability to impart knowledge to customers, eventually leading to the training of other fleet technicians
- Provide an open and welcoming line of communication with customers to provide troubleshooting and technical support via telephone, email, or in person
- Make sure all customers’ needs are satisfied in an effective and reliable manner
- Research and resolve technical issues implementing both internal and external information and resources
- Assist with various Vector system component assembly and manufacturing
Qualifications & Experience
- ASE Diesel certification or equivalent, and/or military service in a relevant area, and/or significant work equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of heavy-duty vehicle or equipment installation, diagnostic, and/or repair experience
- Intimate knowledge of both electrical and mechanical systems, with proven ability to troubleshoot and repair independently
- Ability to comprehend detailed product schematics and documentation, and follow complex work instructions
- Advanced communication and computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office and/or GSuite, and the ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner with both coworkers and customers
- Demonstrated strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability and willingness to work with other team members to solve problems
- Proven track record of working independently and under pressure, with little to no supervision when necessary
- Ability to create and keep to timelines and deadlines, and prioritize the workload without direct supervision
- A strong sense of pride in the work done that shows in quality and customer satisfaction
Other Job Requirements
- Frequent physical activity such as bending, climbing, twisting, and lifting tools, parts, and materials (up to 70lbs)
- Lifelong commitment to learning and consistent interest in expanding one’s skillset
- Work occurring in a variety of environments, including but not limited to: office, outdoor, warehouse and shop conditions
- Ability to work around a variety of particulates, lubricants, and chemicals
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record; CDL a plus
- Significant domestic travel is required (75%+)
- Flexible hours of operation
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following items to [email protected]
- A resume.
- A brief cover letter explaining what excites you about joining the Optimus team.
- Supplemental material on anything else that you’ve done that you’d like us to know about that distinguishes you as a preferred candidate.