Molecular Diagnostics Technician - Captis Diagnostics
Molecular diagnostics Technician
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
Captis Diagnostics is a molecular diagnostics company focused on early detection of cancers, cancer treatment selection, cancer recurrence detection, and cancer therapeutic monitoring through liquid biopsy. In particular, we are developing non-invasive cancer diagnostic tools for better cancer patient management with biomarkers, such as extracellular vesicles (EVs)/exosomes.
Under the supervision of a Project Lead, the primary responsibilities of this full-time position include conducting experiments for research and development (R&D) projects which involve but are not limited to performing experiments, collecting and accurately recording procedures and results, maintaining databases used in the lab, ordering necessary reagents to conduct experiments, and participating in joint upkeep of the lab.
Captis Diagnostics is seeking a molecular diagnostic technician to support our molecular diagnostic assay development. This role is integral to enabling multiple elements of our proprietary technology. This role requires general skills in a molecular diagnostic assay. The candidate is expected to have a background in molecular biology and genetics.
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Developing high throughput sequencing-based assays (such as Illumina, PacBio, Nanopore) to identify clinically actionable DNA/RNA mutations.
- Developing droplet digital PCR/qPCR/RT-qPCR-based assays for rare genetic mutation detection.
Candidates need to bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- Minimal associate degree in biology.
- Experience with molecular diagnosis experiments is preferred.
- Experience with sequencing, qPCR, and fluorescent probes is a plus.
- Need to work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
We invite you to send a short cover letter describing why you are interested in this job. Please make sure to include your desired salary/range in the cover letter. Send your cover letter and a resume to Dr. Simon He at [email protected]; include “Molecular Diagnostics Technician” in the subject line.
- This position will remain open until filled.
- Local applicants or those who can report to work on a punctual basis in Pittsburgh, PA during normal work hours and as needed to meet business requirements are encouraged to apply; there is no relocation allowance.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability. Captis Diagnostics reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.