Program Coordinator, Software & AlphaLab - Innovation Works
Program Coordinator, Software & AlphaLab
Overview of Position:
The program coordinator role is visible within the startup community and will be a core team member of the Innovation Works’ Software / AlphaLab group. They will have responsibilities across the group’s activities, with a focus on the accelerator program and associated recruiting and program operations. They will be an active part of the accelerator application selection process and have the opportunity to work with the companies, partners, and mentors during the AlphaLab program.
AlphaLab Recruiting and Application Process - Support overall team recruiting strategy and efforts, taking the lead on organizing the funnel, managing the online application system, and coordinating the activities associated with recruitment and selection.
- Identify potential companies, maintain applicant funnel, and manage AlphaLab’s online application system.
- Drive recruiting process by marketing AlphaLab’s rolling program to the funnel and interested groups while providing information to partners who can help promote prospective applicants. Organize and participate in events to market AlphaLab. Work closely with Communications’ team and other accelerator teams to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Lead coordination of the selection process, including setting timeline for application review, scheduling interviews and organizing of interview feedback. Participate in the selection process with the rest of the AlphaLab team.
Ongoing Accelerator Program Operations - Work closely with AlphaLab team to deliver key components of program to companies, including management of calendar, execution of sessions/events, and online/digital resources for companies
- Manage company onboarding at the beginning of the accelerator program cycle. Collaborate with AlphaLab core team to define the overall program calendar.
- Create and manage the program calendar. Coordinate execution of program and partner events, pulling in resources as needed to support execution of events.
- Organize events for AlphaLab and AlphaLab Gear, including educational programming, networking, conferences, etc.
- Manage the online/digital resources available for AlphaLab companies including maintaining and creating the resources in the shared drive folders, a weekly email update to companies, mentor summary bios and other information resources for the companies.
- Ensure continuous process improvement for the rolling program including online surveys, information capture for re-use, and identifying other process changes in a hybrid accelerator model.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including meeting scheduling, requests for information, meetings, photocopying, food ordering, and on-site event support.
- Lead facility operations, including on-site logistics in the AlphaLab and AlphaLab Gear space e.g. supplies, service providers, company requests.
- Manage current contact lists for the Software network including Funnel, Mentors, Alumni, Partners in our contact management platform (Streak).
- Maintain and enhance the look of the physical space - (e.g. wall logos, signage, t-shirts, photos, decorations as needed to support and enhance AlphaLab brand).
- Build community with the accelerator program. Provide opportunities for current accelerator companies to interact with each other as well as mentors and others within the accelerator community
- Working with Software team to plan and organize opportunities to bring together portfolio companies (seed and accelerator), including as part of AlphaLab program activities
- Manage and administer company benefits with partners such as Global Accelerator Network (GAN), Amazon, Google. Act as point of contact with GAN.
- Maintain relationship with accelerator Alumni companies post-program, keeping them connected to events and information of interest, including AlphaLab and Software-focused events
Internal Collaboration (Marketing, Bus Dev, Admin)
- Act as primary interface to Communications team on outbound marketing for AlphaLab and Software including events, content and digital properties ensuring consistent messaging
- Work with Platform Manager to ensure current cohort, alumni, mentor, and cross-sector engagement in events, programs, networking, and community spaces including digital communication platforms.
- Promote IW programs and communicate information on program benefits, applications, and deadlines.
- Support sponsorship requirements. Work with the Business Development and Communications teams to ensure appropriate recognition of sponsors in AlphaLab communications and events.
- As applicable, ensure completion of Administrative (and CRM systems) requirements including state reporting, final client reporting, client surveys and site visits.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing-related field required.
- Self-starter, high-energy, high-focus, willing to take initiatives
- Needs to be flexible and adaptable in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to lead projects independently, with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and time-sensitive issues for various stakeholders with time urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail, quality.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, teamwork, verbal and written communications are a must.
- Comfort communicating with substance in a transparent, direct manner
- The highest level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information are a must.
- Prior experience working in a startup company or within the startup ecosystem is important. At least 1-3 years experience.
- Online presence and passion for the entrepreneurial/startup community.
- Demonstrated ability with building community and partnerships.
- Experience in a Digital Marketing role within a Startup or large company.
- Ability to use productivity tools such as Google Apps, Streak, Calendly, Slack, Mailchimp, Salesforce. Applicants should be comfortable using social networks to promote AlphaLab, Innovation Works, its companies and to engage with the startup community.
Innovation Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.