Intern - Computer Vision Developer
SwifTag Systems is a startup company in the Pittsburgh, PA area that is developing software and hardware tools to accelerate medical research. We are looking for a full-time or part-time scientific programmer intern who will provide innovative solutions for animal tracking and automated behavior identification. The company has accelerated customer acquisition, tripling sales over the last quarter as well as bringing in non-dilutive NIH SBIR funding. You will enjoy flexible hours and independence in this role. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. – We cannot sponsor work visas or provide relocation. Remote work possible. This is a temporary position for up to one semester.
Responsibilities may include any of the following:
● Use state of the art tools for machine learning
● Data Labeling
● Assist with development of rodent tracking machine learning algorithms
● Assist with development of image analysis algorithms and deep learning architectures
● Design of retrospective and prospective experiments for testing algorithms
● Write clean and re-usable code, and maintain it in GitHub or other repository
● Collaborate with colleagues
A qualified candidate will exhibit most of the characteristics below:
● Passion and interest in working in a fast-paced startup, small-team environment.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
● A willingness and ability to innovate and think "outside of the box".
● Basic skills in developing image analysis algorithms and deep learning architectures
● Basic understanding of computational geometry, statistics and linear algebra
● A willingness to work at least 10 hours/week.
Education and experience required:
● Undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in computer vision, computer science, math, machine learning or equivalent field at an accredited university.
● Ideally 2+ years’ experience or education in computer vision, deep learning and machine learning. Bonus points for the following:
● Any experience in Python, OpenCV, and familiarity with Matlab.
Salary: $21-$24/hour depending on experience.
Contact: https://www.swiftagsystems.com/, (833) 794-3824, or info@SwifTAGsystems.com.
SwifTAG Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. SwifTAG Systems does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of SwifTAG Systems. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity. SwifTAG Systems does not sponsor work visas.