Internship - Accounting Summer Intern - Kenson Plastics Inc.
Kenson Plastics is a family-owned business that has been manufacturing and assembling custom-made, precision pressure-formed plastics since 1972. We specialize in engineered plastic components and enclosures and provide solutions across a multitude of markets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a 2022 Summer Internship in Accounting through the participation in Innovation Adoption Program and Manufacturing Intern Program. Kenson Plastics is seeking a motivated and talented Accounting Intern to join us in June 2022 for our 10-week PAID Summer Internship Program. We are looking for ambitious college and university students who are ready to expand their skills and apply them to meaningful work in a professional organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support for our facility and staff by working closely with our Accounting Department, where you will learn to apply your knowledge and communication skills.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Assist with creating file documents, open and process mail, and complete other general administrative tasks for the accounting department.
- Assist with bookkeeping, bill payments, or invoicing.
- Perform basic routine accounting tasks under direct supervision.
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements.
- Perform administrative duties, which may include accounts payable/receivable support, reconciliations, and ordering of office supplies.
- Additional duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be actively participating in an Accounting Bachelor’s Degree Program
- Have a basic understanding of accounting principals, practices, and procedures
- Strong computer skills including Sequence Database and Microsoft Power BI
- A driven, self-starter with a get it done attitude, regardless of the task
- Strong time-management, organization, and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all employees and vendors
- A high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
Please forward qualified resumes to: chris.oleary@kensonplastics.
Kenson Plastics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.