Idelic uses cutting-edge technology and beautifully designed interfaces to help predict and prevent trucking accidents and reduce driver turnover to ensure drivers get home safely each and every night. Our SaaS solutions are radically transforming the way in which the transportation industry manages safety through advanced Machine Learning (ML) and our driver management platform.
We believe that people do their best work while part of a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, professional development, and teamwork. Together, we can fulfill our mission to make our roads and highways safer for everyone.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
We are a venture-backed start-up company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our clients. At Idelic, we’re committed to our mission, our customers, our teammates, and fostering a “work hard, play hard” culture.
Considering joining our team? You will be a part of an engaging, energetic, and entrepreneurial work environment headquartered in the heart of the technology boom within Pittsburgh, PA. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, innovative, and adaptable individuals with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
As a member of the Data Services team at Idelic, you will contribute to building and managing our data processing platform. Our vast number of data collectors and integrations provide our customers with unrivaled knowledge of their fleets. The platform must run reliably and efficiently and must make the data accessible in a fast and secure manner. Our Data Services team works closely with customers & integration partners to help them realize their data & pipelining needs, establishing Safety Suite as the hub for all of the fleet’s data.
Note: Full-remote during COVID restrictions, with preference long-term to be on-site in Pittsburgh; open to remote for the right candidate.
- Build new integrations, features, and support our Data Services Platform
- Define internal development processes & practices for scaling our organization
- Lead & contribute to the development of tools to scale our business and our customers
- Participate in internal reviews of code, software components, and systems and make data-driven decisions on how they should evolve
- Communicate effectively and participate with team members in an Agile environment
- Work on any task and help solve problems when needed — be humble and scrappy!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer, preferably in an ETL environment
- Experience with Python, Google Go (Golang), or similar language
- Experience with SQL, Linux, BASH, git
- Experience working within AWS and AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, VPC, etc.)
- Experience writing unit, integration, and end-to-end test code
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Experience in the Logistics / Transportation industry
- Experience with a variety of data sources (API, CSV, SFTP, RDBMS, etc.)
- Experience with distributed technologies like Kubernetes
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial or enterprise environment
THINGS THAT MAKE IDELIC A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- Competitive Compensation Package Including Options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Regular Company Outings and Events
- Personal Choice of Hardware
- Kickstarter Company Breakfast every Monday / Lunch Served up Every Friday
- A Dynamic and Supportive Environment
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Be Part of a Small Team (to Start)— Which Translates To You Having A Big Personal Impact
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear and to see. The employee is regularly required to stand and sit. The employee is regularly required to practice manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate. Occasionally called upon to work hours in excess of the employee’s normal daily schedule.
Idelic is an equal opportunity employer. Our success depends heavily on the effective utilization of qualified people, regardless of their race, ancestry, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran’s status, or any characteristic protected by law.