INTERNSHIP - Application Engineer - AcuTran
Application Engineer Internship
Acutran Transformer is a leading U.S. supplier of custom medium voltage dry type transformers and other power generation equipment, systems and services to utilities and industrial markets in the U.S. and overseas.
We are actively seeking an Application Engineering Intern to join our team.
This position is responsible for supporting customer projects in the development of dry type transformers.
The successful candidate will be able to produce technically accurate designs within schedule and budget requirements.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Support Design Functions of transformer components for every job assigned.
- Create bill of materials required for advance purchase orders;
- Prepares core and coil manufacturing drawings;
- Coordinate with colleagues responsible of Mechanical Design
- Procurement, manufacturing and Sales.
- Responsible for preparing quote Designs per customer specifications;
- Prepare internal design documentation to other design areas (Mechanical design, control) as well as test requirements.
- Skilled to perform designs of complex transformers
- Participate in Design review meetings with customer / consultants
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business or Science field.
- Proficiency in use of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Creative thinker. Strong analytical skills, detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with attention to details.
Please forward qualified resumes to: MEvans@acutran.com.
AcuTran provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.