Handl Health Chief Product & Technology Officer Job Description
We're looking for a smart, passionate and collaborative Chief Product & Technology Officer (CPTO) to join our executive team in a full time capacity. This is the first executive position being hired externally at Handl Health, presenting an incredible opportunity for a strong software engineer with product management experience and a track record of building scalable, high performing healthcare technology that consumers love.
As an early stage startup, we are hiring for this role due to our growing momentum and traction in the market and are in need of a product visionary to lead our product and technology teams to design and deliver new offerings to achieve our bold vision of empowering humans to access healthcare with complete peace of mind and financial security.
As Handl Health’s Chief Product & Technology Officer, you’ll report to the Chief Executive Officer and lead our developer and product teams, while working closely with our design and marketing teams to develop and implement our product and go-to-market strategies.
We are looking for someone who is highly organized, can translate ideas into reality, is a creative problem solver and has high attention to detail. The ideal candidate for the role will be looking for their next big opportunity stepping into an executive role with a minimum of 5 years of experience building consumer software products in the healthcare industry. They will have studied software engineering and had experience working as a full stack engineer before transitioning into a product role. They will have taken products from idea through to mature software with scale in the market (i.e. over 1m users per annum), and be outcomes focused, evidence-driven and know how to inspire and build high performing technical teams.
Join our team of entrepreneurs as we embark on a journey to change American healthcare for good.
● Drive the execution of the end-to-end product lifecycle process, including product discovery and strategy, design and prototyping, building and iteratively testing and deploying and learning ● Lead and manage technical and product teams, including building out a high performing culture around collaboration and technical excellence
● Develop product strategy documents that describe the product vision, product positioning, high-level use cases, roadmaps and business, design and technical requirements
● Develop technical aspects of the company's product strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals, and competitiveness in the market
● Own and oversee all system design and changes in system architecture, including consolidation efforts as needed with clear plans for each technology platform in use
● Ensure automation is implemented within the company’s technology strategy and maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments to continuously improve
● Work closely with the executive team and advisors to continue refining and developing the company product strategy and product and technology roadmaps. Use customer, and stakeholders feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to product and technology roadmaps
● Monitor technology and business KPIs and Development budgets to assess technological performance, and performance of new products in market
● Communicate technology and product strategy to the market, customers, partners and investors ● Oversee and deliver product research, market research and competitive analysis to inform product positioning
● Work with marketing and design to identify product requirements based on customer needs (including build, buy and partner decisions) and develop products that offer an outstanding customer experience leveraging a deep understanding of product positioning, defining key benefits, and understanding target customers and user personas
● Work with finance to create the business case, revenue and ROI to support build, buy, partner decisions
● Collaborate closely with design and engineering teams on the development, QA and release of products, balancing design aspirations with technical constraints
● Oversee all product operations, including facilitating agile delivery and scrum ceremonies such as, backlog prioritization, backlog refinement, sprint review and sprint retrospectives and sprint planning
● Develop product release plan considering training, product support requirements, post product monitoring and any further testing and validation
COMMITMENT AND BENEFITS
● Full time 40 hours/week
● Compensation at competitive market rates with an addition of stock options
● Career growth and development opportunities from tenured mentors and advisors
● Hybrid working model
● Commitment to a generous benefits package inclusive of health benefits and 401K contributions at Seed raise
● Pittsburgh-based or willing to relocate/ commute at least 3 times per week into an office setting
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/knowledge in computer science or related field, with the ability, willingness and recent experience in developing software and leading developers
● Product management qualifications through tertiary educations, reputable certifications (Agile) or equivalent
● Proven experience as a CPTO or similar leadership role developing consumer-facing SaaS applications in the healthcare/ employee benefits industries
● Must have experience in the design and development of customer-facing multi-tenant AWS-hosted products, with demonstrated success defining and launching products inline with HIPAA and security protocols of insurance carriers and healthcare systems
● Prior experience and passion for US healthcare market, preferably within health insurance or healthcare system/ provider landscapes
● Strong desire to be part of a purpose-led team with unwavering commitment to radically transform healthcare affordability and accessibility
● Previous experience designing solution and system architecture for scalable and security conscious health tech companies
● Impeccable attention to detail with ability to creatively problem solve
● Quantitative skills to perform excel analyses of business case and ROI
● Can work autonomously and collaboratively
● Interest and passion for developing others and creating high performing teams
● Team player with high EQ and understanding of different working styles
● Leadership and organizational abilities and excellent communication skills
● MBA or equivalent experience
● Experience with Python, Ruby on Rails, React, Heroku
ABOUT HANDL HEALTH
Handl Health is a healthcare startup based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our mission is simple: Ensuring everyone has access to healthcare that is simple, inclusive and affordable. Our goal at Handl Health is to guide and empower patients to make the best decisions for managing their healthcare. We will do this through harnessing the power of data and human centered design to create personalized and transparent experiences for patients across every healthcare journey, from shopping for healthcare all the way through to paying bills. We’re removing the part-time job and stress that exists for consumers in accessing and managing healthcare today, so our members can spend that time on achieving their health goals instead.