RE2 is looking for an energetic and creative Mechanical Engineer with experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems (preferably robotic systems) to help lead the design of our next generation of manipulation systems.
The Mechanical Engineer (ME) works in a cooperative team environment with other mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, designers and technicians to create light-weight, dexterous, and powerful mobile manipulation systems for DoD and commercial applications. At a fundamental level, the following requirements are absolute for this position. If you possess the following, please apply today!
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of engineering work experience
- Proficiency in integrated system design and analysis using 3D CAD/CAE, to include structural and thermal analysis, drive train design, motor specification, material/finish selection, and manufacturing processes.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency in order to comply with Government Contracts
The Mechanical Engineer (ME) reports to the Principal Mechanical Engineer and is responsible for carrying out development assignments with minimal supervision. Working on collaborative cross-discipline project teams, the ME will serve as the technical member related to the mechanical design on one or multiple concurrent projects. In addition to mechanical engineering, the ME provides system engineering, analysis, concept development, and detailed design expertise. This expertise runs through all stages of the development process from requirements definition through design, drawing, system build, integration, verification, and production. Throughout the prototyping and production phases, the ME will work with internal and external machine shops for component fabrication and with engineers and technicians for system assembly and integration.
Other Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with robotic systems/unmanned vehicles/manipulator arms
- Proficiency with a formal design process applied to a sub-system or system
- Proficiency in a revision controlled mechanical 3D CAD and vaulting system using Solidworks and PDM
- Proficiency in materials, finishes, and manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of the design of electrical cabling and wiring systems, including wire routing, grounding, shield management, connector systems, environmental sealing, and production methods
- Experience with motion control system components such as brushless motors, encoders, and Hall sensors
Benefits and Perks
- RE2 offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including flexible schedules, stock options, 401k plan, training, and professional development stipends, paid time off, and medical/dental/vision/life and disability insurance for all regular full-time employees.
- RE2 also offers our monthly Taco Tuesday lunches, free snacks, coffee, and espresso, weekly fresh fruit delivery, holiday and summer parties, birthday bonuses, cell phone stipend, and more!
RESUMES ACCEPTED IN PDF FORMAT ONLY – Please send resumes to email@example.com
RE2 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.