Marketing Manager - Optimus
About Optimus Technologies
Optimus Technologies is a clean energy technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Optimus manufactures the Vector System, an advanced fuel system technology that enables diesel engines to operate on 100% biodiesel. The Vector System is designed for medium and heavy-duty fleet applications, where emissions reductions are challenging or impossible to achieve in a cost-effective manner through other means. The Vector System integrates into existing operations to facilitate a seamless transition to low-carbon fuels.
Optimus’ Vector System is in use with leading municipal and private fleets throughout the country, enabling them to achieve near-zero carbon emissions while reducing their fuel and fleet operating costs.
Optimus seeks a dynamic, organized Marketing Manager to help us to reach our bold growth goals assisting fleets in reducing their carbon emissions and achieving environmental sustainability goals.
This is a full-time, salaried position ($70,000-$80,000) with benefits and matching IRA. This role will be responsible for crafting and executing the primary marketing campaign, from strategy and budgeting to creative development, final execution, and back-end analysis. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Sales team in coordinating efforts to expand business opportunities and cultivate long term client relationships, as well as manage and mentor other members of the marketing team.
Optimus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, veterans and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are strongly encouraged to apply; we also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories. We are most excited to work with individuals who learn quickly and have a passion for clean energy solutions.
- Work directly with the Chief Operating Officer to build out a marketing strategy to complement sales strategies and goals
- Take ownership of the inception and implementation of a full marketing campaign, including the creation of benchmarks, KPIs, and individual marketing team goals
- Provide leadership and mentoring to current marketing staff to support campaign growth
- Identify, create, and manage digital content, expanding current platforms and seeking out new opportunities
- Prepare and approve press releases, online publications, and other promotional materials
- Gain an understanding of the industry and applicable markets and coordinate outreach campaigns to optimize those areas
- Performance reporting with insights and optimization recommendations
- Support in person marketing opportunities with attendance to relevant trade shows, conferences, and awards opportunities
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 4-6 years of marketing experience, with at least 1 year focused on data analytics
- Minimum 2 years management experience, with a focus on mentorship and increasing team members’ skill sets
- Extensive experience with social media and digital marketing; ability to apply understanding of digital KPIs, SEO, and Google Ads and Analytics to drive business goals
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop +Premiere Pro), canva, webflow, and/or equivalent design tools
- Videography and/or video editing experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage one’s time, resources, and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
Other Job Requirements
- A passion for alternative energy solutions
- Exposure to outdoor, warehouse, and shop working conditions
- Adaptive to everchanging workload, conditions, and environments
- Flexible hours of operation
- Valid driver’s license and a willingness to travel (up to 25% of work time)
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following items to [email protected]
- A resume.
- A brief cover letter explaining what excites you about joining the Optimus team.
- A portfolio of any previous work.