Sales Development Representative - Sherpa
- You want to play a key role in helping a growing, award-winning software company by leading the sales team and department initiatives.
- You are a strategic thinker with great ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit that is constantly looking to improve themselves and their workplace.
- You have hands-on experience with supporting sales and/or marketing teams.
- You are excited about creating a successful Sales prospecting program and improving current processes.
Sherpa Software is a high-tech software company that offers the best of bread solutions in the rapidly expanding areas of information security, privacy, data governance, GDPR, and eDiscovery compliance. Sherpa Software is based in Bridgeville, PA and has served over 3,500 customers.
We are now seeking a Sales Development Representative to join our Sales team based out of our Bridgeville office, to be pivotal in helping to support initiatives, improve processes, and increase sales numbers.
Get to Know Sherpa Software
With Sherpa Software, organizations can clean up and classify electronic data by using robust tools for data governance, eDiscovery, and GDPR compliance. With more than 20 years’ experience in the landscape, Sherpa’s SaaS platform, Altitude IG, is the first step in cybersecurity, offering vision into and control over their ‘dark’ data. Easily customize retention policies in order to classify content; find Redundant, Old, or Trivial data; and automate policies to find, copy, move, or delete it. Learn more by visiting the links below:
- Our Story – see our history and how we’ve grown
- Customer Success – learn about our many success stories with our 3,500+ customers
- Get to know our Sherpa Software team on our Facebook Page
- Download our content – see a vast array of our thought leadership offerings
- Learn More at www.sherpasoftware.com
We offer an exciting career opportunity for a talented sales professional looking for more autonomy and process ownership. You will report to the Sales Manager and CEO/President where you will develop and execute a growth plan and build a sales process.
The ability to work independently within a small team and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential. The individual will have excellent attention to detail, be creative and an excellent communicator.
- Driving education and interest of the Altitude platform
- Prospecting net new accounts
- Identifying key decision-makers and influencers
- Qualifying and moving inbound leads in the sales funnel
- Tracking sales activity and progression in CRM and scheduled outreach programs
- Helping to identify the prospect’s requirements
- Collaborating with Product Management to relay Prospect feature requests
Skills, Requirements, and Qualifications
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in the sales or marketing field
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Familiarity with software programs: Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Outreach
- Excellent planning and communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to create and execute sales process plans
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Some travel may be required
- A strong background in information technology and software sales, and sales management
- Knowledge of information governance, risk and compliance, and/or the legal markets are a plus
- Experience in data security, data governance, or eDiscovery areas is beneficial. Initial duties will include: developing and building relationships within current customer base, qualifying and converting new sales opportunities, and assisting Account Executives with their needs
- Ability to function effectively in a self-directed environment and interact well with other teams (product management, software development, and marketing)
This is a career-defining opportunity offering a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Sherpa provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.