INTERNSHIP - Product Engineer - Immobileyes
Product Engineer / Manager Job Description
Immobileyes is a start-up developing a new laser-based security device aimed at multiple markets including home / commercial security, law enforcement and the military. The innovative technology uses multiple low power lasers to cause temporary visual disruption, giving users a new tool to deter intruders and potentially aggressive suspects from causing harm. A handheld unit is being planned (to be launched in 2022) with drone and wall-mounted versions in the future. Immobileyes is a Kent-based, Company currently housed inside AlphaMicron (a technology R&D company with a 22-year track record of innovating for the US Air Force and the developers and makers of the world’s first electronically switchable eyewear).
Our ground-breaking laser technology has been described by DoD technology scouts as “unique” and something that the military, law enforcement and Homeland Security can use “Right Now” and is poised to up-end the traditional security model of detection and response by adding INTERVENTION before Police arrive. As a non-lethal, it is safer compared to other options currently used.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a technical / engineering-minded leader who can lead the development of our product. Ideally, you are an electrical/ mechanical or similar engineer with experience in product/ industrial design who is looking to join a startup and develop this ground-breaking technology. The role is development focused – we need someone to design and build the product., take the lead in finding suppliers and eventually lead a small team of engineers to execute different versions (wall-mounted, handheld. Drone-mounted, etc.). We already have parts of our prototype completed, but, as the primary technical leader at Immobileyes, you will have leeway to guide the technical direction of the product based on customer feedback.
Responsibilities will include:
- Product design & planning: Managing, planning and coordinating the development of new products, enhancements of existing products and technical solutions based on customer feedback.
- Gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements & defining the product vision.
- Customer engagement, including communicating with US armed forces and law enforcement personnel.
- Meeting and working closely with the scientific (laser) team; planning and coordinating tests to ensure safety and effectiveness of the system.
- Working closely with engineering to deliver winning products: Determining roadmaps and deadlines for new products and product enhancements considering priority, customer needs, financial limitations, staffing requirements and availability of resources.
- Developing sales forecasts and implementing pricing schedules that provide revenue and margins growth while remaining competitive in the market.
- Masters or bachelor’s degree is required, Engineering or Science Degree is preferred
- 4+ years of experience working in a similar or comparable role
- Experience developing engineered/scientific products is strongly preferred, the ideal candidate will have experience/exposure to optics or lasers or have hands-on electronic engineering experience
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
Cultural fit requirements:
To fit the culture of the company, candidates must also have:
- Strong work ethic coupled to a willingness to take on challenges that nobody has solved before by applying inventiveness, creativity and strong technical knowledge.
- An understanding of the difference between productive failure and excuses.
- Possesses a sense of urgency to deliver results.
- Ability to thrive in the dynamic environment of a startup company.
- A palpable desire to deliver a high-quality product and provide value to the customer.
- Comfortable in a team-oriented atmosphere where individual performance and compensation is tied to overall company and team performance.
- Consistent desire to do things better, to reach further, to think and to learn from each other.
- Passion for our work.
- Willingness to embrace and defend a culture of respect, communication and accountability.
In Return You Can Expect
• Full-time salary with full benefits, and/or
• Equity in the company (based on prior experience)
How To Apply
Please send us an email that includes your resume, LinkedIn profile, as well as any additional materials/links
that you think would be helpful, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal opportunity employer. Veterans or reservists encouraged to apply. We comply with all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria.